VACANCY: LIFESTYLE SUPPORT WORKER
Location: Birmingham & Solihull - may be specific areas
Salary per hour: £10.90ph (unqualified) to £12
Job - Permanent: Various hours to suit up to 35 per week.
Date posted: 12/04/23
Closing date: Ongoing
Do you feel valued and included and make a difference?
Headway Birmingham & Solihull is a Brain Injury Charity. Our Lifestyle Services Team provide support, services and guidance for people with an Acquired Brain Injury enabling them to improve their independence at home and in the community leading to an improved quality of life.
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic, friendly, positive, caring, self-motivated individuals who have the drive, personality and reliability to make a real difference to our clients’ lives. Your role will involve supporting clients to attend appointments, social activities, shopping in the community or with day to day living skills in their homes. Some personal care may be required.
As well as meaningful work, great colleagues and outstanding training, our paid roles offer:
· Annual leave – a generous 33 days each year (to include 8 bank holidays)
· DBS Check – we cover the cost of your DBS check and further renewals once probation passed
· Company Pension Scheme
· Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance – via our in-house trained ‘Mental Health Champions’ and/or Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
· We pay for you to attend our comprehensive induction and on-going training to include the Care Certificate and E-learning Certs
· Confidential counselling service
· Brain Injury Certificates – Level 1 & 2 free specialist training in brain injury
· We can support you to obtain a range of qualifications according to roles and support you with further development
· Staff Referral Scheme – earn £50 for referring a friend into a support worker position and further remuneration if still in role 6 months and 12 months later
· GEM Awards – All of our employees are stars in our eyes and each year colleagues make nominations for special awards
· Social events, fundraising and team building – we value all our employees and try to bring people together socially
· Blue Light cards provided for you to use at Highstreet retailers, days out, gifts, holidays and even when buying a car – Headway will purchase for you.
· Special Birthday days – an extra day’s leave on your ‘milestone birthdays’
· Health Scheme – employees can opt into the BHSF healthcare plan through which Headway B & S will pay at the basic level. This enables employees to claim back money towards general day to day healthcare such as opticians and dentists
· Duvet Days – get rewarded for coming into work with an extra day off for full year attendance
Even though we are a small charity we feel we offer many great benefits that will hopefully make you 'feel valued, feel well balanced & feel looked after'
Applicants will need to be a car driver, hold a valid driving licence with access to a car and have experience of working with vulnerable people with a disability, or be willing to gain a Diploma Level 2 or 3 in Adult Care. Experience of working with brain injury desirable.
To formally apply, please submit a full CV detailing education and employment to date and supporting statement (maximum 2 sides of A4) that clearly outlines your suitability and experience for the role to email@example.com . Please include your interest and motivation in applying for this position.